Dr. Sumanth Swaminathan
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
2220 Campus Drive
Evanston, IL 60208
phone: +1-847-491-5958 (office)
- Pattern formation in nonequilibrium biological systems: Self-assembly in the cytoskeleton and cell motility
- Nonlinear partial differential equations ; weakly nonlinear asymptotic analysis
- Stochastic differential equations: Langevin & associated Fokker-Planck eqns
- Brownian Dynamics, phase field modeling
- Conformation and Mechanical Properties of fibers
- Calculus of variations
- Differential geometry
- S. Swaminathan, F. Solis, M. Olvera de la Cruz
Conformation and Mechanical Properties of Closed Diblock Fibers
Phys. Rev. E, 83(6), 061912, June 2011.
- H. Nakanishi, D. Walker, K. J. Bishop, P. J. Wesson, Y. Yan, S. Swaminathan, B. Grzybowski
Controlling electronic conductance through a nanostructured material by internal ionic gradients
Accepted by Nature Nanotechnology, August 2011.
- S. Swaminathan, F. Ziebert, I.S. Aranson, D. Karpeev
Motor-Mediated Microtubule Self-Organization in Dilute and Semi-Dilute Filament Solutions
MMNP, 6(1), 119, 2010.